Welcome to 95.9 Hailsham FM
your truly local station
We are proud to serve the local community, serving Hailsham and the surrounding Towns and Villages.
If you are looking for something different to the usual to listen to, you have hit on a Radio Station that gives you a great sound for every part of the day.
HAILSHAM FM LIMITED
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Hailsham FM offering a new sound track to your day
Tune in and keep it locked on 95.9 Hailsham FM
Join our local presenters throughout the day: At Breakfast, their main aim is to get you ready to take on the day while our Mornings team offers you great chat, music, guests, local information and quizzes. Afternoons will offer you a mix of presenters with a great mix of music and the Mystery Year and, when you’re travelling home, we’ll keep you updated about the roads, buses, trains and more. Throughout the day, we’ll keep you in touch with all the news and weather on the hour.
The entertainment doesn’t end there as from 6pm each night we offer a host of specialist shows presented by some of the most enthusiastic presenters, with a wealth of music knowledge covering a wide range of music and eras, from Reggae and Ska, through folk, rock ‘n’ roll, jazz, electronic and more esoteric specialist genres, to shows dedicated to showcasing talent locally and across the UK.
Our weekends offer a something for everyone with a host of shows bringing you the best in music and chat. Weekends feature local interviews, competitions, live outside broadcasts from the area, and we have team of local experts bringing you live baking and gardening tips, fashion trends and money advice each week.
Our sound and feel are very different to other Commercial Radio stations – so why not make the change to something more local? Tune in and spread the word. You can tune in on 95.9 on FM, listen live via the button above, or by asking your smart speaker to ‘play Hailsham FM’.
HAILSHAM FM LIMITED
Hailsham FM LTD
Hailsham FM is operated by Hailsham FM Ltd., a not-for-profit company that holds a license to broadcast via OFCOM – allowing us to broadcast on 95.9FM from May 2018 to May 2023, inclusive.
The company is run by a voluntary board of directors, with each director responsible for overseeing an area of the station’s business.
- Simon Herbert, CEO & Director (Finance)
Simon is responsible for heading up the board of directors and the station. In his role of Director of Finance, he is responsible for all financial operation of the station and heads up our advertising and sponsorship team. Simon also takes responsibility for scheduling presenters.
- Pat Bradley, Director (Engineering)
Pat is responsible for the equipment that keeps us on air. He has lead responsibility for the team who service and maintenance our transmitter plus all our studio broadcast equipment
- Neil Povey, Director (Programming)
Neil takes responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day programme schedule runs smoothly, working with presenters who provide material for the music and programme library.
- Wayne Spicer, Director (Communications External and Internal)
Wayne is responsible for overseeing and developing our interaction with various groups and organisations around the area to get them involved. Communications covers all External Communications via web & social media and internal communications with volunteers and presenters.
- The following are also on the board as non-executive directors, who have no overall portfolio or day-to-day responsibilities.
Contact us to get involved
Join our team
The sound, feel and operation are very different to Commercial Radio stations since our station is run by volunteers, including our many local presenters, and many volunteers who work behind the scenes, including technical and fundraising teams. The station is going from strength to strength following the award of our OFCOM license and our successful launch in 2018. Hailsham FM is tasked with providing you with a 24-hour service, 365 days a year, to serve the people of Hailsham and offer a community-based station giving local people and organisations opportunities to promote local causes and reflect life in an around the town. The project also gives local people the chance to get involved in the day-to-day running of the station. With training provided, you could get involved in a whole host of roles within the station, learning new skills along the way.
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
It is estimated we need in excess of 100 volunteers to enable us to grow further and develop exciting projects for the local community. Joining our team is easy and by joining the team at Hailsham FM you will have the opportunity to apply for a host of roles at the station. Simply fill in and submit the application form, along with a voluntary donation of £10. This charge covers administration of your application.
Once your application has been received you will receive a welcome pack, and be invited to meet members of the team, and they will explain how you can support the station and get involved – roles and jobs within the station are only open to members of Hailsham FM and are not advertised externally.
VOLUNTARY DONATIONS RATE 2021/22
Membership Hailsham FM Annual Donation –
£10.00 per year.
Membership Hailsham FM Annual Donation for under 18 and younger –
£7.00 per year.
All roles within the Station are voluntary – however, taking on a presenting role carries an additional annual fee of £40.00 which is payable yearly, once fully trained and signed off by Hailsham FM Ltd.
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact us via E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you just want to help support the station by donating, you can, it’s estimated that for a station of this size to operate and grow over the next few years, it will need approximately £30,000 per year, so any support you can give will be greatly received.
By gifting you will be kept up to date with our exciting events calendar and fund-raising activities throughout the year, which we hope you will be able to support and attend.
Please visit our Donation Page and complete the donation form.
Advertising on Hailsham FM
Are you looking for a cost-effective way to promote your business or event to a targeted local audience? Hailsham has a population of over 20,000 people – and that doesn’t include those who work in the town, pass through the area, or come to visit.
Our FM signal covers the town and surrounding villages – and we can be heard online all over the country.
By advertising on Hailsham FM, you are publicising your business to local people, at a very reasonable cost. You are also helping to support a local organisation run entirely by volunteers.
Radio has advantages over printed adverts. Your message will be played over and over again and can’t be ignored: a catchy advert gets into people’s heads, often without them realising it.
You can also choose when and how often your advert is played: we can tailor your advertising campaign to meet your requirements.
Our adverts are written and produced by a professional company, based on your key messages.
But what about the cost?
Hailsham FM is run entirely by local volunteers, so we don’t have the staff costs of other media organisations. Any money we receive goes towards the running costs of the station and investing in Hailsham FM’s future.
We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the cost of advertising on Hailsham FM, with sponsorship from as little as £20 per month, and advertising packages from around £50 per month. Advertising campaigns can be personalised to meet your requirements and your budget.
How about giving someone you love a quirky birthday or Christmas present by paying to advertise their business? Or maybe you’d like to sponsor a particular show, on behalf of a local charity or community organisation you support?
All of our sponsors and advertisers are listed in our website directory right here, so your business will feature online as well as on air.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions, or would like a chat, feel free to get in touch with our Advertising Manager, Nicky, on 07941 579815 or email@example.com
Contact Hailsham FM
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions
These competition rules shall be binding on you when entering any competition(s) operated by us or our sponsors / advertisers.
In addition to these general competition rules, other specific terms and conditions may also apply to a particular competition. We will post any such specific competition rules on our website.
- You must be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK to enter our competitions.
- No member of the radio station or their families or employees and families of any organisation providing a prize may enter a competition run by Hailsham FM.
- Unless specified, entries are limited to one per household or primary residence although entries are acceptable from family members at different addresses.
- All entrants must reside within a ten mile radius of Hailsham town centre, using the post code of BN27 1AU as the prescribed centre.
- If the rules to competitions have been broken or contestants’ entries have been made on behalf of a third party, the prize may be withdrawn.
- Use of false name or address, ie name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. We reserve the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and address before such person may claim their prize.
- Proof of making a phone call, sending post/e-mail is not proof of our receipt of your entry.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- The closing date is as specified in the relevant competition. This will always be a time and date in the UK. Where a time is not given, the closing time will be 11.59pm (UK time) on the relevant day.
- In the case of a prize draw, the first correct entry drawn will be the winner.
- Winners will be formally notified (by email or phone) within 21 days of the closing date.
- Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. Where we notify a winner by email, we will ask for confirmation of receipt by reply email.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize may not be transferred to any other person.
- With the exception of cash prizes, there is no cash value assigned to any prize and therefore no cash equivalent available.
- In the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Where a prize consists of event/gig/festival tickets if the event is cancelled no alternative prize will be provided.
- Hailsham FM will not be held liable in any way for prizes supplied by third party organisations.
- Where a competition requires the presence of an entrant, failure to appear will result in the forfeit of any prize opportunity although, in some cases with prior agreement, a substitute attendee can appear.
- Where the prize on offer is a motor vehicle entrants must possess a valid and full driving licence for that class of vehicle. Unless otherwise specified road tax and motor insurance is and remains the responsibility of the winner.
- Unless otherwise specified, where the prize is a holiday it is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that they hold the necessary insurances and visas to protect their interests.
- We will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition.
- Competition winners will be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity, which is not limited to appearing on air or in person for publicity photographs.
- No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
- We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We may pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
- Unless otherwise advised, prizes will be held at Hailsham FM. Winners must collect their prize from Hailsham FM within 30 days of winning.
We may at any time issue specific rules to be read in conjunction with these rules. In the event of a conflict between two sets of rules, the competition-specific rules take priority.
These rules are governed by English law.
We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
Last amended 29/12/2016
Call the Studio: 01323 886 488
Text: 07494 805 905